Sellinger School adds seven faculty members
October 24, 2013
BALTIMORE—Loyola University Maryland’s Sellinger School of Business and Management added seven new faculty members who started in the fall semester. They are:
- Jay Brown is an assistant professor of Information Systems and Operations Management. He was the associate director of admissions at The University of Akron. Brown is a doctoral candidate in business administration at Kent State University.
- Nune Hovhannisyan is an assistant professor of Economics. She was a visiting assistant professor at the University of Colorado Denver/ International College Beijing. She holds a doctorate in economics from the University of Colorado at Boulder.
- Theresa Jefferson is an assistant professor of Information Systems and Operations Management. She was an associate research professor and visiting associate professor at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. She holds a doctorate in information management from The George Washington University.
- Patricia Kanashiro is an assistant professor of Management and International Business. She was an adjunct professor and teacher assistant at The George Washington University. Kanashiro holds a doctorate from The George Washington University School of Business.
- Fabio Mendez is the Hanway Chair in Global Studies for Economics. He was an associate professor of economics and director of graduate studies at the University of Arkansas. He holds a doctorate in economics from Michigan State University.
- Matthew Sopha is an instructor of Information Systems and Operations Management. He is a doctoral candidate in business administration with a concentration in information systems at the Arizona State University W.P. Carey School of Business.
- Marie Yeh is an instructor of Marketing. She has taught at Kent State University, University of Maryland Baltimore County, Old Dominion University and Howard Community College. Yeh is a doctoral candidate at Kent State University.
In addition to new faculty who started in the fall, Sellinger named Bobby E. Waldrup, Ph.D., the new chair of the department of accounting at the conclusion of the 2012-13 academic year.
Loyola University Maryland’s Sellinger School of Business and Management provides business education rooted in Jesuit traditions emphasizing strong ethical leadership, commitment to social responsibility, and a global perspective. With more than 100 faculty members and 2,000 students, the Sellinger School offers undergraduate studies and graduate part-time, weekend and full-time MBA, finance, and certificate programs on campuses in Baltimore, Columbia and Timonium, Md. (www.loyola.edu/sellinger)