- Full-time, 11-week certificate program
- For graduates seeking additional knowledge in the advanced aspects of the accounting field while providing additional hours toward meeting the 150-credit-hour requirements of most state CPA licensing authorities
- Program start: May 2012 (deadline to apply May 1)
- Classes will be offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8:45 a.m.-4:45 p.m., May 24-Aug. 2
About the program
Entering the Accounting profession today requires more than an undergraduate degree. Virtually every state has adopted the 150-hour education requirement for licensure as a Certified Public Accountant in addition to successful performance on the CPA examination. Loyola's Accounting Certificate Program is designed for recent Accounting graduates who want immediate, high-quality coursework relevant to the profession to help complete the 150-hour requirement in time to start their careers without delay.
This four-course, graduate level program is delivered in an eleven-week period ending in mid-summer following graduation. The courses have been developed in consultation with key employers in both public accounting and corporate and non-profit segments of the profession. In Maryland, the 12 graduate credits earned in the program count as 18 hours toward the 150-hour requirement.
POSSIBLE CAREER PATHS
Click on the links for more information on jobs related to this program:
ESTIMATED PROGRAM COSTS
- Program tuition and fees: $10,920.00*
- Program books and supplies: $540.00*
- On-campus room: $1,804.00*
*Note: Costs for the program, including tuition, fees, books, and supplies, are estimated based on academic year 2012-13 rates. Rates are subject to change.
- Financing options: Refer to the office of financial aid website.
- Median debt for program graduates:
- Median Private Loan Debt: $4,255
- Median Institutional Financing Debt: $0
- Median Title IV Funding Debt: $12,500
- Program length: This program is designed to take 1 semester over the course of 3 months to complete. (11 weeks, May - July)
- Percentage of graduates who completed this program in the time defined above: 100%
- Job Placement for this Program: Since the job placement rate is not required by an accrediting body nor by the State of Maryland, this information is not available.
(Download this information in PDF).