provides full text access to over 100 scholarly titles in the
humanities, social sciences and mathematics published by several
To use Project Muse:
- Go to the Library's
- Click on Databases
by Title from the top toolbar.
- Click on the letter
P, then choose Project Muse.
- Click on Search.
You are now ready to do a basic search.
- Type search terms
in the "Search for" box.
- Select the type
of search from the drop down box, next to "In".
- Article text
- Full-text of the article.
- LC Subject - Subject of articles based
on Library of Congress subject terms.
- Author Reviewed - Authors or editors
of books reviewed in Muse. Playwrights and directors
of performances reviewed or artists of exhibitions reviewed.
- Title Reviewed - Titles of works (books,
exhibitions, plays, films) reviewed in MUSE.
| Other Options:
- Limit by Article Author (optional)
- Select how you want to
sort or view your search results. Sort by:
- Date in Ascending or Descending
- Journal in Ascending or Descending
- Relevance of occurrences
- general relevance (indicated by "score" in the
- Number of occurrences - ranks
by number of times the search term occurs in the
- To select the number of citations
to be viewed on one page, click the drop-down menu
next to "Display."
- Click on Search. To change your
search terms, click on Clear.
- To refine (narrow) your search (optional):
- Type the terms in the search box.
- Select the area of the articles you
want searched from the drop down menu.
- Click on Send.
- Click on View This Document
to see the Full-text
- Print the document from "File"
on the browser tool bar.
- Click on More Results for next page.
Click on Previous Results to go back.
Help and Navigational Aids
- Click Help on the right side of
- Click New Search to start again.
- Click Return to Muse to go back
to the Project Muse homepage.