Finding "scholarly," "peer-reviewed," "refereed," or "juried" articles and/or journals
These terms all refer to the same thing - an article or journal of scholarly research which is reviewed (or "refereed" or "juried" ) by a panel of experts (or "peers") prior to publication. Most journals whose content is narrowly focused on an academic subject fit this description, as does their full-length article content. Most of the library's databases have a high percentage of scholarly article content. If you are uncertain about a particular journal or its contents, please see the Research & Instruction (Reference) librarians for help.