Gifts to the Library
Jack Ray, Associate Director
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- The Library welcomes donations of books in good condition that
are suitable for an academic library.
- Any books that a donor brings to the Library will be acknowledged,
but we cannot appraise or provide a dollar value for donated books.
Be sure to include a name and address where the acknowledgment should
- The Library will only pick up books if the quality of the collection
warrants it and the distance to be traveled is not excessive.
- Books not selected for addition to the collection may be exchanged
with a dealer for credit, donated to another library, sold to Library
customers, or recycled, depending on the nature and condition of
the particular item. If donors prefer, they may take back any books
not added to the collection, but these will not be acknowledged as
- Magazines and other periodical issues are usually not suitable
for addition to the collection, unless they are complete and substantial
runs of professional journals not owned by or available electronically
to the Library. Please do not donate periodicals without checking
first to see if they are needed.
- Cash donations are also welcome. Make checks out to Loyola/Notre
Dame Library. We can purchase and plate memorial books with cash
gifts designated for that purpose.