Equipment Borrowing and
- Equipment may be borrowed from the Digital Lab. Borrowers must fill
out and sign that they agree to abide by the Digital
Lab Equipment Check Out Policies form once per semester.
- Only Loyola and Notre Dame faculty, staff, and students may borrow
- Equipment may be checked out for a period of 3 days. Fines of
$5 per day up to the price of the equipment will be enforced if equipment
is returned late.
- Equipment may not be renewed except in special cases with permission
of the Digital Lab staff.
- Borrowers are responsible for all equipment checked out to them.
- It is the borrower’s responsibility to ensure that equipment
is in proper working order before checking it out.
- It is the borrower’s responsibility to check the parts and contents
of the package against the list in the package to make sure all parts
are included upon check out and return.
- Should the equipment become faulty for any reason while in the borrower’s
charge, the borrower must immediately return it to the Digital Lab and
let the staff know about the problem.
- Borrowers are responsible for returning all equipment in the same condition
it was received. Equipment must be returned to the Digital Lab when it
is open. If the Digital Lab is closed equipment may be returned
to the Circulation Desk. It may not be returned using the book
- Equipment sign-out privileges may be revoked at any time without warning
due to the careless handling of equipment or repeated lateness.
- The borrower is responsible to pay the cost of replacement of any equipment
not returned or equipment which is damaged beyond repair. The borrower
will be responsible to pay the repair cost (not to exceed the replacement
cost) of any equipment that merits repair. (Equipment costs may be found
in the list of equipment)
- Costs and fines assessed against the borrower will be imposed on the
borrower’s library account and should be paid at the Circulation
Desk of the library.