Printer Friendly Version
is a web-based citation manager that allows
users to import, store and organize citations from various sources
and format papers and bibliographies automatically in
a variety of citation styles.
is a bibliographic tool that automatically
plugs into Microsoft Word to help you integrate and format your
citations using RefWorks. The library computers and most Loyola and Notre
Dame campus computers already have Write-N-Cite installed.
- To access RefWorks, click the link below. New users will need
to create a RefWorks account. (Off-campus
users: enter your last name and barcode when prompted)
- We highly recommend the following resources:
To download Write-N-Cite to your personal PC:
Off-campus users: Once you have downloaded Write-N-Cite and restarted your computer,
you must configure Write-N-Cite for off-campus authentication.
- After you've logged into RefWorks, find Write-N-Cite under "tools" in
the drop-down menu toolbar, or click
and follow the directions.
Training is available for both RefWorks and Write-N-Cite.
Contact Susan Cooperstein at x6832, any of the reference
staff at x6802, or email us at Ask
- Go to the start menu and click on "all programs."
- Go to the RefWorks program on the program list, and
click on "WNC proxy configuration utility."
- In the field that comes up on your screen, type or paste the following link:
- Restart your computer.
- You're done! Write-N-Cite should work with Refworks from this
point forward. Help for Write-N-Cite is available under the "help" menu in RefWorks
after you've logged on.