In an effort to promote and support programming campus-wide for the benefit of residential students, the Residence Hall Association gladly accepts requests for funds from all official Loyola University Maryland clubs, departments and organizations.
The following is the procedure for requesting those funds:
- Request for funds form: Once a program is organized (what, when, and where), submit a Request for Funds Form online.
- The RHA Executive Board meets every two weeks to review the requests that have been submitted.
- Criteria for Approval – The Budget Committee considers a variety of factors when making funding decisions.
Important factors include:
- The number of people the program will benefit
- Whether or not the event follows the mission of RHA
- Whether or not the RHA is a co-sponsor of the event
- Previous financial support from the RHA for the same residence hall area or club
- Whether or not other funding options are available for a particular program
- Whether or not students are being asked to contribute money to the event as well
- Whether or not the event conflicts with another Loyola sponsored event or is similar to another Loyola sponsored event
- Once the request has been considered, the treasurer will notify the recipient via e-mail of how much they were approved for as well as where and when the funds can be picked up. Typically, cash advances are available by the Friday after the sent e-mail
- Any change, as well as all receipts, must be returned to the Office of Student Life one week from the day the money was picked up.
See our Request for Funds Form>>