The University has recently augmented the Loyola Emergency Notification System (LENS) with a text messaging service that will instantly and simultaneously distribute brief messages in situations posing imminent physical threats to the Loyola community. By using short essaging System (SMS) technology, the system, e2Campus, can convey messages to registered mobile phones, Blackberries, wireless PDAs, smart phones and satellite phones even in times when traditional phone and e-mail networks are congested due to increased volume.
Public safety will use the e2Campus system to provide notification of situations posing imminent, physical threats to the Loyola community. This new mass notification system complements the existing Loyola Emergency Notification System (LENS), which includes outside sirens, PM Evergreen emails, phone mail announcements, and indoor fire alarm speakers. The e2Campus emergency notification system will only be used in circumstances posing grave physical danger, and use of the system will be followed by announcements in all of the University’s existing emergency notification channels.
In order to benefit from this new service, you must register your cell phone with e2Campus via Inside Loyola (under "Quick Links"). Most cell phones are already SMS-enabled; those that are not may still receive the messages, but may incur a small fee.
- Make sure you have your cell phone on hand.
- Go to "e2campus" under Quick Links on Inside Loyola
- Login with your Loyola username and password.
- On your e2campus dashboard, click on the “Services” tab.
- Add a phone for SMS text messages and/or an e-mail address other than your Loyola e-mail to receive alerts.
- Follow the instructions to complete your setup.
- Once activated, you can return to your account at any time by following the “e2campus” link on Inside.Loyola under Quick Links.
Go to e2campus http://www.e2campus.com/my/loyola to update or delete your account.
Monthly tests of the system will be conducted, and will be announced in advance via NewsHound. If you have any trouble with the registration process, or learn that you are not receiving the monthly test messages, please contact the Help Desk at ext. 5555.