- A Loyola director well conversant with India and one who travels with the group at all times (Professor Charles Borges, S.J.);
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner);
- Air Travel to and from India (BWI or Dulles to Mumbai and back);
- Travel within Indian cities by comfortable air conditioned buses and trains;
- Visits to Indian cultural shows;
- Sites have included Bombay (Bollywood capital), Goa (famed scenic tourist city on Arabian Sea coast and the former Portuguese colony in India), Bangalore (Garden City and technological capital), Mysore (noted for its ancient palaces and gardens), Pune (Oxford of India), the Taj Mahal, and 2nd century Buddhist and Hindu cave temples;
- Emergency health and travel assistance (English speaking medical assistance); and
- Tourist visas.
- 2.5 minimum GPA required;
- Guest lecturers;
- Indian cultural shows depicting song, dance, and folk cultures and traditions; and
- English guided visits to cultural and historical sites.
- Housing is usually in Jesuit houses in the cities visited and consists of double occupancy rooms with private baths. Rooms have overhead fans and beds are equipped with mosquito nets. Rooms are non air conditioned. Hot water is available at these places on request. Bottled water is recommended for drinking.
- Meals (Indian and at times Continental on request) will be tasty and non spicy.
- Comfortable English-speaking cyber cafes are easily available near places of program residences in all cities. The facilities (emailing, surfing, printing of documents, etc) in these are offered at very nominal rates (to be paid for individually). Private telephones/computers/internet access are not available in program residences.
- Books which are recommended for the program and also writing materials are to be purchased individually.
- Laundry facilities are available on request.
- Attendance at various Religious services when requested will be arranged.
Please contact the office of international programs for up to date costs.
Due on or before May 1 (Maryland Hall 148).