Welcome Loyola Exchange Students! Congratulations on your acceptance!
International and exchange students are asked to arrive on campus 3-5 days prior to start of classes, so that they can participate in Loyola's International and Exchange Student Orientation. Specific dates are included on our academic calendar for international and exchange students, and are included with our admissions packets sent out prior to the semester. Upon arrival, students can be picked up from the Baltimore Washington International (BWI) airport or Baltimore Penn Train Station and brought to their on-campus housing.
The three-day orientation program covers important topics about studying and living in the U.S. and at Loyola specifically, including:
- Immigration and Student Visa Information
- Housing on Campus
- Transportation around Loyola and Baltimore City
- Loyola’s Computer and Network Systems
- Public Safety on campus and in the community
- Setting up a Bank Account
- Student Activities on Campus
- Tools for Academic Success in the U.S.
- Service Opportunities on Campus and in the Community
- Student Health Services
- Fitness and Aquatic Center
- Trips to the Grocery Store and Target
- Evening events with members of our International Student Orientation Committee
At the end of the first week of classes, students attend a dinner where they are introduced to their student or family hosts who will act as a host for them throughout the semester or year.
During the semester we also run three trips to various cities around the region including Philadelphia, Annapolis, Washington, D.C. and Pennsylvania Amish Country. Locations and dates will be finalized at the beginning of each semester.
Take a moment to visit the sites below to learn more about Baltimore. Please note the Office of International Programs does not endorse and is not affiliated with any of these sites.
Good Luck and Welcome!
Learn More About Baltimore