How to read your pay stub:
1. Pay Period
This is the pay period end date for this pay check or direct deposit notification
- For hourly staff and students this date will always be a Friday and will include the prior 2 weeks (pay periods begin on a Saturday and end on a Friday)
- Faculty and administrators are paid "to date" and the period end date will either by the 15th or the last day of the month (corresponding to our semi monthly pay schedule)
- If you need to review the pay schedules you can do so here (schedules/schedules.html)
Partial department number for your primary position
3. Person ID
Your Loyola employee I.D. number
Social security numbers are no longer required on pay stubs- we block them for security purposes
5. Deposit Date: (or check date for a paper check)
Your pay date; the date your funds will be deposited (if you have direct deposit) or the date that you check is valid and can be cashed or deposited
6. Earnings Columns
- Type - Type of hours worked or leave used within the pay period, click here to see the earn type table
- Hours - Number of hours associated with each earn or leave type
- Current - Earnings, per earn type, for the current pay period
*Note - if you are being paid as salaried employee or are receiving a lump sum payment you will only see a "type" and "current" amount listed, no hours.
7. Tax Columns
- Code - Type of taxes deducted, see tax table
- Current - Amount withheld from the current pay, for each tax code
- YTD - Year to date amount withheld for each tax code
8. Deduction Columns
- Type - Type of deduction, see deduction table here
- Current - Amount deducted for each benefit or deduction type
- YTD - Year to date amount deducted for each benefit or deduction type
- All YTD (year do date) fields are based on the current calendar year, not the fiscal or academic year
- There are two sets of columns for deductions
9. Current Row Data
This row shows your total gross pay, total taxes withheld, total benefit deductions and resulting net pay for the current pay period.
10. YTD Row Data
This row shows your total gross pay, total taxes withheld, total benefits deducted and resulting net pay for the curent calendar year.
11. VAC REM
Vacation remaining; this is the amount of vacation leave that you have accrued up to the start of this current pay period, minus any vacation leave taken in this current period. Please note this DOES NOT include the amount being accrued for this pay period.
12. SICK REM
Sick remaining; this is the amount of sick leave that you have accrued up to the start of this current pay period, minus any sick time taken in this current period. Please note this DOES NOT include the amount being accrued for this pay period
13. PER REM
Personal remaining; This is the balance of your personal leave for the current salary year. Please note the salary year runs from July to June.