Event Services maintains the master calendar of events for Loyola University Maryland. All reservations for use of any campus space are to be made through Event Services. In order to help you plan your events more effectively and ensure their success, we have developed the following event planning guidelines. Please keep these guidelines as a handy resource and feel free to contact our office with questions or for additional copies.
Requesting a Space
Reservation requests can be made from 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. by calling ext. 5077 or they may be faxed to ext. 2211. Request for space should be made at least three business days in advance of your event.
You will be asked to provide the following information:
- Date: Please provide the full date (day, month, and year) and include the day of the week. If applicable, please provide a snow date and/or alternate date for your event.
- Time: Please use the actual start and end times. Do not include setup or breakdown times, as our office will do that according to the requirements of the event. If you need to have access to the room prior to your event, please indicate the reason why and the specific time on your request.
- Name/Title of Event: Please use the actual title of the event, the name of speaker, or the nature of the meeting. Be specific.
- Attendance: Provide the most accurate approximation so that we can schedule your event in an appropriate space.
- Facility: It is helpful to provide several choices in order of preference in the event your first choice is not available. Please include a rain site if applicable.
- Catering: Choices are: Sodexho, approved caterer, own food, or none. Please indicate which choice applies to your event.
- Set Up: Tables, chairs, audiovisual needs, etc. Faculty, staff, administrators, and graduate students may contact Event Services via phone at ext. 5077, fax at ext.2211, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For event guests that require special attention due to disability, please contact parking and transportation for parking needs at 410-617-5552. Additionally, feel free to visit Disability Support Services or contact Marcia Wiedefeld at 410-617-2062.
All other campus groups use the following procedures:
- Student Clubs/Organizations: Obtain an event reservation request form from the student activities office. Completely fill out the form, discuss the event with a moderator, and have a moderator sign it. The form must then be signed by a student activities representative. Once the form is signed, student activities will fax it to Event Services. If Event Services has any questions the student will be contacted directly. Once a room has been assigned the student will receive a verbal phone message confirming the reservation and the written confirmation will be faxed to the contact person via the student activities office.
- Resident Assistants and Resident Affairs Council for Student Life: Obtain an event reservation request form from the student life office. Completely fill out the form, discuss the event with a graduate resident coordinator (GRC) or assistant director of student life (AD), and have he or she sign it. The GRC or AD should then fax the request to the Event Services office. Once a room is assigned the student will receive a verbal phone message confirming the reservation and the written copy will be faxed to the student via the AD’s office.
- Center for Community Services and Justice and Campus Ministry: Obtain an event reservation request form from the Center for Community Service and Justice or Campus Ministry. Completely fill out the form, discuss the event with a Center for Community Service and Justice or Campus Ministry staff member, and have he or she sign it. The staff member should then fax the request to Event Services. Once a room is assigned, the student will receive a verbal phone message confirming the reservation and a fax will be sent to the student via the Center for Community Service and Justice or Campus Ministry offices.
A moderator must approve all student group events. Only forms with a moderator’s signature will be processed. Accuracy in completing these forms is essential to ensure a timely response.
Receiving a Confirmation
Requests are processed in the order in which they are received. Upon receipt, please allow Event Services three business days to respond to your request. Response time is dependent upon the volume of requests received, the nature of the event, and the space that is requested. Event confirmation may not be possible if request is received less than three days prior to event date.
The following will be considered when confirming an event:
- The facility is available and suitable for the event;
- The resources (staff, equipment, parking, etc.) are available;
- The event will not conflict with other activities already scheduled; and
- There is sufficient time to properly prepare the facilities.
Consideration must be made for the work load placed on service providers such as public safety/campus police, facilities operations, transportation and parking, dining services, etc.
Every effort will be made to schedule your event in a space appropriate to the size of your group and the nature of your event. Once a room has been assigned, a verbal phone confirmation will be made and a written confirmation will be faxed to the sponsoring department. Please check the written confirmation to be sure all details of your event have been recorded accurately. If anything is incorrect, please notify Event Services at ext. 5077. A new confirmation will be sent to the event sponsor.
Other Important Information
Please be aware that the initial person requesting a space for the event will be considered the contact for that event. The contact person should make all changes, additions, and cancellations. If the contact person should change, please notify Event Services. Changes to the original reservation must be submitted to Event Services at least three business days prior to the event.
An event sponsor can choose to have an event catered by any company listed on the Loyola approved caterer list. There are several catering companies that have been contracted by Loyola to provide catering services to the campus. The list includes Sodexho, which has offices conveniently located on campus. When an approved caterer is contracted to cater an event, they are responsible for the clean-up and removal of trash from the facility. If a group chooses to provide their own food, the sponsor is responsible for the clean-up of the facility and the removal of all trash (including trash placed inside the trash cans) to the dumpsters outside of the building. The facility must be returned to its original condition after the event is finished. Food and beverages are prohibited inside high-tech classrooms.
To arrange food service through Sodexho, please contact the catering office at ext. 5858. They can advise you on menus and give estimated catering costs. A contract for food service may only be completed after an event confirmation form has been received from Event Services.
Advertising for events (fliers, the NewsHound, email, mailings, phone mail, etc.) should not begin until a confirmation has been received from Event Services. To avoid confusion the correct, confirmed times and locations must be advertised. This should reflect the information on the confirmation. Discrepancies between the advertised and confirmed information could cause delays in promotion of the event.
When required, arrangements for additional services such as shuttle, parking, and security can be made through Event Services.
If needs exceed available inventory, it may be necessary at times to rent equipment for an event. In this situation, the sponsor will be contacted with the additional cost of rental and, upon approval from the sponsor and moderator, the sponsor will be billed for the cost of the rental. Please note that Event Services does not own table linen.
Evergreen card readers are available for recognized clubs and organizations. To ensure proper credit, an account number must be noted on the facility request form. Student organizations and clubs can obtain this information through student activities or the club moderator.
For all University events involving contracted services, Event Services must receive a copy of the contract in order to confirm the event. Space reservations will not be confirmed until Event Services has received a copy of the contract.
If your event needs to be canceled for any reason, please notify our office immediately.
Event Services will gladly assist you in the planning and execution of your event.