View a printable version of this guide.
Our experienced staff is available to guide you through the planning and scheduling process for your event. Here are a few items to consider when planning your event, plus a list of the basic scheduling steps.
- What type of event will it be and how many people will be attending?
- Check out the variety of room types and capacities that are available.
- What are the dates and times you prefer?
- Determine your technology needs.
Standard Integrated Presentation Technology – projects multi-media images from a ceiling projector onto an electronically operated projection screen, all controlled from an easy to use remote at the podium style console. This technology includes: Computer Projection (Microsoft Office), High Speed Internet Connectivity, Wireless Network Environment, Laptop Computer Connection, VCR, DVD, Document Camera, and Satellite TV.
Please note: The Columbia Graduate Center is the site of Loyola University Maryland Graduate Programs in Business, Computer Science, Education, Modern Studies, Montessori, Pastoral Counseling, and Speech-Language Pathology/Audiology. Reservations are accepted after semester academic schedules have been set. Once a rental agreement is signed, we will honor that commitment.
- Will you need a wireless microphone?
- Will you need an easel with markers and tape? How many?
- Will you need breakout rooms? How many?
- Do you want complimentary coffee service? (Fresh brewed coffee, hot water for tea, and condiments are included in your rental fee.)
- Do you need to discuss additional beverage or catering options?
- Will you need copying, faxing or communication services?
- Do you have special needs?
- Do you need information on nearby restaurant or lodging establishments?
- Call 410-617-7601 to discuss your event with our facility scheduler, to check available dates, and event arrangement options.
- Once details have been worked out you will receive a rental agreement form. Review, sign, and return your rental agreement form. Your reservation is not finalized until the signed form has been received.
- Provide attendees with event information including map and directions to the Columbia Graduate Center.
- Call 410-617-7601 at least 5 business days prior to your event to confirm date, time, number of attendees, setup and technology details.