Students majoring in sociology must complete 12 sociology courses:
- SC101 Self and Society
- SC102 Societies and Institutions
- SC342 Social Research Methods
- SC343 Survey Design and Analsis, or SC344 Qualitative Sociological Inquiry, or SC345 Social Work Methods, or SC346 Applied Anthropology
- SC355 Sociological Theory
- SC401 Sociology Practicum and Seminar, or SC402 Social Work Practicum and Seminar, or SC403 Sumserve Practicum and Seminar
- Three courses at the SC360-499 level (one of which must be a 400-level seminar)
- Three electives
Majors must also complete Introduction to Statistical Methods and Data Analysis (ST110) or an equivalent statistics course (e.g., EC220).
Introduction to Computers with Software Applications (CS111) is strongly recommended. ST110 and CS111 can be used to fulfill the mathematics/natural science core requirements.
For more information on available courses, please visit the Loyola catalogue.