If you have an interest in literature, or just like participating in events with your English department, give LoCoLitSo a try. The only prerequisite to join or become an officer is interest and enthusiasm— no hidden fees or obligations. Past events have included Scrabble Nights, Poetry and Pizza, and Spelling Bees to raise money for a worthy cause, sponsorship of faculty debates, and tours of area used bookstores.
Dr. Giuseppina Iacono Lobo
LoCoLitSo Events 2012-2013
Co- President: Maura Munley, Senior
Co-President: Megan Byrne, Junior
Vice President: TBD
LoCoLitSo Event Schedule 2012-2013:
Fall Semester 2012:
September 19, 2012- First Meeting
• Discuss events for the year.
• Vote for officers.
October 3, 2012- Croquet on the quad
• Discuss how to publicize
• Discuss who will be there
• Discuss who will hang fliers, etc.
October 10,2012- Croquet on the quad
• Rain date
• We will be helping with the planning of the Feast.
• We will be collecting books and donating them.
Spring Semester 2013
First Week of School- TBD by club.
• Our beginning of Spring Semester Event will be scrabble.
• We will challenge the professors and have snacks.
• Date TBD by club.
• This is our largest event of the year.
• We will get a relay team of professors and students and read a book for 2 twelve hour
• All the proceeds will go to Relay for Life
• We need to come up with options, and have people vote on which book they want to
• We need to count the votes.
• We need to publicize the event.
• We need to temporarily borrow furniture from humanities to decorate our camp site.
• We need to get volunteers to read in shifts