Lambda Pi Eta is the official communication studies honor society of the National Communication Association and a member of the Association of College Honor Societies(ACHS). The goals of Lambda Pi Eta are to:
- Recognize, foster and reward outstanding scholastic achievement in communication studies.
- Stimulate interest in the field of communication.
- Promote and encourage professional development among communication majors.
- Provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas in the field of communication.
- Establish and maintain closer relationships between faculty and students.
- Explore options for graduate education in communication studies
Loyola's Mu Kappa chapter has set its standards higher than the national requirement. Eligible students must have completed a minimum of twelve credits in communication courses; achieve a minimum overall Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.30; and a minimum GPA of 3.50 in communication courses.